Saturday, January 25, 2014

Home sweet home

We got home last Saturday and I haven't posted because we have all been quite exhausted. We are doing great but oh so tired!!! I had no idea that jet lag could take such a toll on your body! Apparently I am not over it yet because it is 4:00 am as I type this post :(

Our flights home went as to be expected, no better or worse than I had anticipated. 17 hours of travel after 18 days away is hard but it is over and we made it!

The girls did great but only slept about 30 minutes. Levi and I decided that was ok because maybe it would help get to bed at a normal time Saturday evening. Not sure if that worked because they woke up that night at 4:00 ready to play and eat!

Elliott was happy the majority of the trip. He your typical two year old that doesn't want to sit down or be confined for very long. This made for a long flight! I did many many laps up and down the aisle to keep him content. He did get quite fussy for the last couple of hours especially on the flight from San Francisco to San Antonio. But who can blame him, he got about 1 hour of sleep in 24 hours. All in all, it was a tiresome flight but we are home and oh so happy!!!

Our homecoming crowd at the airport was just wonderful! We have the most wonderful group of family and friends who took the time to make signs, bring balloons and come greet us and we are so thankful!!! I also was just filled with joy to get Asher in my arms. I had missed him so much!



Our homecoming crowd. I love each and everyone of you!

This is what a momma's face looks like when she sees her baby after being gone for 18 days!

Levi was equally excited to see his boy!
I am thankful that Elliott has other friends who are no longer orphans. I pray they will be a blessing to each other as they grow up.
Meet the Pool family of 6!

When we arrived home we found our house decorated with streamers and posters. Our fridge was filled with food and meals!! Thank you Lord for friends and family!!

Elliott is doing very well. Each day I can see him relax bit by bit. He is feeling comfortable enough around the house to explore. He loves opening all the cabinets and doors. He has the sweetest personality. He is full of smiles and loves to be tickled. The girls and Asher just love him! Asher hasn't been jealous at all. He tries to play with him and loves to kiss on him. But he doesn't know his own strength and often kisses poor Elliott to the ground. Elliott seems to be very amused by Asher. I catch him quietly observing and smiling at Asher when Asher is being super silly. Last night it was so sweet. They were playfully kicking each other and laughing. It was the first time I have seen them really play together.

The nights have been hard but that is to be expected. Elliott is having to get over jet lag, learning to sleep in a new home with his new family and poor little guy has an ear infection. All of that is making sleep hard but it will get better. At least that is what all my adoptive buddies tell me so I am hopeful!

Thank you everyone for your prayers, kinds words, actions and love!


No comments:

Post a Comment