Saturday, October 19, 2013

One step closer


Sorry there haven't been any recent post. There hasn't been much to update until recently!!! For the past 78 days we have been waiting for our LOA (letter of acceptance from China). I have to admit that this has been the toughest wait so far. Up until this point all the waits had been fairly predictable. The average LOA wait has been 60 days. Once we past that point I was getting a little anxious. However, I clung to to this verse.

Wait on the Lord: be of courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14.

Knowing that my God is not only sovereign (in control of the entire universe) but also that he knows what is best for me gives me peace. He knows the precise day that Elliott should and will come home. So I will trust that our wait of 78+ days for LOA is in Elliott's and our best interest.

It looks as if our wait is almost over! On Friday our agency told me that we are showing up as approved for LOA on China's online system. So now were are just waiting for the hard copy to arrive. I am hoping we have in the next week or two.

One we have the hard copy of LOA there are several steps before we travel but they are much more predictable... a week here, two weeks there. Hopefully I will have frequent updates as the next 2-3 months will be full of forward progress. As I have written before, one of our prayers was that we bring Elliott home before his second birthday on January 15. There is a very good possibility that will occur!

On another note....The Chosen Marathon is next Saturday. Team Pool has 124 people on it! We are just overwhelmed but the amount of support we have received. Thank you everyone who has signed up! We are so grateful and look forward to seeing many of you on race day. For the sleepwalkers, I hope that you sleep in a little extra and have a restful day :)






2 comments:

  1. You may be traveling around the same time as me! We are LOA as of last week! Can't wait to go get my baby! So excited for your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete