Friday, April 19, 2013

Already a family of six


Elizabel brought this drawing home from school the other day and explained that it was our whole family. I love that she already considers us a family of six.

Elizabel and Olivia talk about him frequently, pray for him often and wonder about what he may be doing. Olivia asked the other day how we will find him and I explained that God is using our adoption agent to help us find him. She then asked how we would know he was an orphan. I told her that the Chinese government and ours would make sure of that. Since she is 4, that answer satisfied her. I didn't tell her that he would be found abandoned, most likely in a busy place such as a train station, hospital or steps of an orphanage. I didn't tell her the Chinese government would require a newspaper notification (a Finding Ad) and that it would be unanswered by his biological parents before he would be considered an orphan. We will most likely see this ad one day and I wonder if his biological mother watched the ad go unanswered day after day.  I have no anger towards his biological mother, in fact my heart hurts for her and I pray for safety...physically, emotionally and spiritually.  These heartbreaking thoughts ran through my mind as Olivia asked the questions. One day I will have to answer these questions to my son and will give him the hard, honest answers...when he is ready for them.

When the girls pray that he has a full tummy, a warm bed and toys to play with I think that there is a good chance his doesn't but I pray fervently with them that he does. I trust that no matter what he has or doesn't have that God is with him. Olivia told me that God takes care of the birds so of course He will take care of us! I love that she is learning and believing the Scriptures!! Elizabel will tell you that God is keeping little brother safe while he waits for us to get him and I am so thankful she is right. So at the times when I worry and get anxious I will follow my girls' in their faith!!!

Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?  Matthew 6:26



No comments:

Post a Comment